5.30.2010

birthday dinner with friends...

The weekend just keeps getting better for Zac and I. We went out to dinner with our friends Ryan and LaRen for my birthday last night at the Cheesecake Factory. It's always nice to get together with great friends and enjoy some really good food.

LaRen and Ryan

LaRen is so super cute and trendy, I love her.

LaRen and I thought for sure that at the Cheesecake Factory for your birthday you would get a slice of cheesecake(not true), and since singing happy birthday to me in public is embarrassing (yeah I know weird but true) we lied and said it was Ryan's birthday without him knowing. I wish I was able to get a picture of the look Ryan gave when they started singing to him. Thank you Ryan, taking one for the team so we all could enjoy the free dessert.


And I had to show off my favorite present I got this year from my hubby. We have both wanted TOMS shoes for a long time and I was the lucky one and got the first pair. For those of you who don't know what TOMS shoes are, it started in 2006 with a guy named Blake Mycoskie who traveled to Argentina and noticed a majority of the children were without shoes. These children were facing diseases contracted from cuts on their feet. While others weren't able to attend school because their parents could not afford shoes as apart of their uniform. So he started making TOMS shoes. Their motto...

"TOMS shoes was founded on a simple premise: With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One."

As of April 2010 TOMS shoes has given over 600,000 pairs of shoes to children in Guatemala (one of the largest reasons we love this cause), Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Haiti. I love these shoes, and I'm so glad Zac bought me a pair for my birthday! Love you baby.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, it's a good thing those TOMS. im lucky to be able to afford them and in return i can feel good about another child getting a pair too!

GO TOMS

looks like you guys had fun. your friend LaRen is cute.

Addy

LaRen said...

I love the pic of you and I! I didn't at first bc of my shinny face, but now I'm stealing all the pics! Last night was super fun! Let's play soon! Miss your face!

KKandKoKo said...

Talk about cute and trendy...you are!!! Can I be you in my next life??? pretty please!! Love the shoes, hope you had a very happy birthday :)