8.11.2009

our weekend...

{first} I had a few days off from work so I went to my parents house so my mom could teach me how to make raspberry jam. I figured that while we are out at dental school the only things we will be able to afford is peanut butter and bread, and now we have the "J" covered. I think it turned out really good if I do say so myself.
{second} Zac's family had a reunion on Sunday. To set this story up you first have to know that they are related to Dave Checketts the owner of Real Salt Lake and the reunion was up at his cabin. When we pulled off the road up to his cabin this was what we saw first...

I thought to myself that's a really nice cabin but I really was expecting something bigger. Come to find out this was actually what they stored their "toys" in. I tried taking a picture with Zac in front of it so that you could understand how big it was. Right after we turned the corner from this storage cabin we hit the mother load...


THIS is actually his cabin. The crazy thing is that I'm up on a hill and I still couldn't get the whole cabin in picture!! Also it's in an L shape which is hard to tell from this angle. It was amazing to say the least, it definitely lived up to the expectations and then some. I can't wait for the next family reunion....

5 comments:

KKandKoKo said...

UMMMMM YUMMY!!!! It's sad that I had to make my own jam this year, since we aren't able to steal any from mom or my grandma!!! LOL...and the cabin!! Holy crap, that is the biggest cabin I've ever seen!!

katie+brandon said...

Holy crap, THAT is camping I can do.
I wish I knew how to make jam!! I'm impressed!
Miss your face!

Anonymous said...

See, canning isn't that hard, I guess I shouldn't give that secret away. That was fun making the jam with you. WOW about the cabin, seems hardly right to call it a cabin, more like a lodge.

marion family said...

I had a lot of fun making jam with you mom, now I can't wait to make strawberry

c

Anonymous said...

that cabin is almost as big as my house!


Addy