Last night was mother-daughter night at the General Relief Society Meeting. The meeting was amazing and President Uchtdorf's talk was my favorite, along with perhaps everyone else. To wrap up the night we went to our favorite family restaurant, the Spag fag.
In conjunction with the General Relief Society Meeting my stake was donating to "Light Up a Child's Christmas", a program through the Granite school district. This program was for children that teachers and principals have deemed underprivileged, and through our donations they would give a gift bag to each of those kids. When I was given the handout a few months back I knew that I had to help out. So with a little money (only $14.00) and a lot of donations from Bulward and WalMart I was able to collect....
20 sidewalk chalk boxes
6 jump-ropes
10 packs of playing cards
3 large recess balls
8 silly bands
10 toothbrushes
100 toothpastes
15 spiral notebooks
40 pocket folders
6 protractors
6 rulers
10 binders
4 large spiral notebooks
15 glue
6 5-packs of pens
10 crayons
2 watercolor kits
30 calculators
36 legal notebooks
When I dropped off Zac and I's donations the stake relief society was so shocked and so thankful, of course I started crying. I'm so grateful to belong to a church where we focus on helping one another through the Relief Society. What a great way for us to start off the holiday seasons by giving back.






0 comments:
Post a Comment